Tuesday, June 26, 2007

One of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.


The fact that a museum like this actually exist blows my mind. Who is running to see these exhibits? Who is going to pay $19.95 to see "museum exhibits suggesting that man coexisted with dinosaurs -- which fossils show became extinct millions of years before humans existed."

My God! It's Land of The Lost! They made a museum out of Land of The Lost! Boy, I loved that show! But asserting the world is only 6,000 years old and God really did create it in six days is pretty darn funny. What's even funnier are some of the comments on the Creation Museum's site.

"I just want to let you know how thrilled I am at the opening of the Creation Museum. Finally we have a place to take our children that we don’t have to worry about the message they are hearing. We can rest assured that they are hearing the truth, the truth that we so firmly believe in." —P. F., Ohio

Worry about the message they're hearing? What message would that be? That GASP, Noah may not have loaded each and every animal on earth, two by two, on to a wooden boat? Man, I've worked on commercials with animals and even their trainers can't get them to work that efficiently. And we're talking trying to get a dog to walk through a "doggie door" at the cued time.

The museum must attract the same people who continually vote to deny GLBT people basic civil rights. They think homosexuals getting married is not only immoral but absurd. But there's nothing absurd about the exhibit in which, "Adam appears, bearded and handsome, if slightly waxen. Eve emerges from his rib with luxuriant hair and a kindly expression."

What will they think of next?

*Quotes taken from Washington Post article 5/07.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just because someone is a Christian and wants to believe the glorious stories in the bible does not mean that they are horrible people - in fact, I believe it's quite the opposite. I am Christian and I am FOR gay rights, I don't doubt that the Holocaust obviously happened.

I don't see what they did to you to make you so...angry? about it. Why do you have such a problem with people believing these things? How does it affect you? What gives you the right to make fun of them because of their beliefs? Has someone wronged you in this way?

Thinking the museum was not for you is one thing, even having a laugh about would have been okay - but to make FUN of my religion - I just removed you from my blogroll and ended my subscription.