Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Butterflies in Stomach

Belly in knots. Going somewhere I haven't been in four years. Nervous. Jittery. Would rather not go but have to.
Sorry for being vague, have to be. Until I don't anymore. Ugh. Sorry. Probably shouldn't have even written.
But I have to keep my hands busy and my mind on something else.
Ok, speaking of which, the book I'm reading is fantastic. I am absolutely obsessed now with the French revolution. I want to read anything I can get my hands on. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.
Palm Springs with the in-laws was lovely. We spent three full days lazing in the sun and making some delicious home cooked meals. My father in law is a fantastic cook and grilled for us both nights. The temperature hit about 120 degrees during the day and about 90 at night. We're talking HOT. But since the air is so dry you don't realize how warm it actually is.
I managed to escape the weekend with only a minor sunburn on the top of my thighs. After 32 years of going there I've learned to "reapply" the sunscreen. I worry about skin cancer now that I'm older. I used to just fry like bacon in the sun. Can remember at least three or four times getting burned enough to blister. Shoulders especially.
I've never been to a dermatologist. I suppose it's time to go. Although I have to admit I really don't want to be looked over. And I really don't want anything biopsied. I guess it's going to have to be one of those things where I force myself to go- kind of like the dentist- but without nitrous oxide. (Do they provide that at some dermatologists??)
I'll leave you with a picture of our backyard in Palm Springs. It was so beautiful, we felt like Hollywood stars.

No comments: