Thursday, June 21, 2007

7 more hours to go

Inlaws, Hubbie and I are heading to Palm Springs this weekend for a little R&R. We rented a big modern house with a fabulous backyard where I plan to spend many hours lying in the sun reading. It's long overdue.

This morning I was slapped in the face with the trials of simply running an errand. After fighting traffic for an hour, I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a prescription I had ready. The pharmacy is located at the very back of the store, and I had to dodge employees in practically every aisle stocking shelves. When the clerk went to ring me up he realized he hadn't powered up the register yet. After fiddling with it for a few minutes, he asked me to sign for the script, take the form all the way to the front of the store, pay for it and then walk back to the pharmacy to pick up the pills. There's my cardio for the day.

When I got to the front register I had to wait for the person in front of me to kindly explain to the cashier that her coupon clearly states a free gallon of milk with the purchase of three boxes of cereal. However, she chose chocolate milk and for some reason it wouldn't go through on the system. After ten minutes of this my blood pressure started to rise and my foot was uncontrollably tapping. I was now officially late for work.

When I finally got rung up, and sprinted to the back to get the pills, then sprinted out to my car, I looked around and couldn't find it. The car that is. I was in the wrong aisle. I walked over to the right aisle and was nearly mowed down by an a**hole on a cell phone who decided to gun it out of his parking spot.

I screamed so loud my throat still hurts. He gave a wimpy apology before speeding off. My heart was pounding out of my chest. I got in the car and drove off, making it to work fifteen minutes late. Walked in to the raised eyebrow of my boss and the phone already ringing.

Yeah, I need a little R&R. 7 more hours til I see this.

No comments: