Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Every Time You Close Your Eyes...

I hear a song and want to call my dad to play it for him. Or, I'll be listening to a band I know he knew, and I want to ask his opinion. After all, he was the major influence on my indie music tastes.

Right now... listening to Arcade Fire, all I can think about is wishing my dad could hear this. I know I'm the last to catch on to this band. I know they've been around forever, and yet, I heard Funeral the other day as if it were the first time. I've been playing the song "Rebellion/Lies" over and over since. It's the true meaning of emo.

I hate that word. I hate that word so much but there's no other description for this album. I'm no music critic, so this is hard to put into words. All I can say is.... I feel different after hearing this album, and learning what went into it.

This live performance brought tears to my eyes. Hope you enjoy.

No comments: