Monday, May 22, 2006

Dancing Queen

I know I promised you all a review of that certain Ron Howard movie based on a novel found in every airport bookstore, but I have a confession. I was just too hungover to make it. We were supposed to go see it Sunday at 7pm and that was exactly the time i woke up from my nap to brush my teeth and go to bed. However, I can give you a review of the first 15 minutes of Last Holiday with Queen Latifah because that's how far I got into it before falling asleep. 2 thumbs up!!

The hubbie and I went to an engagement party the night before. 4 french martinis and 2 glasses of champagne later I was twirling on the dancefloor like Ginger Rogers. (ok ok, more like Mr. Rogers because I kept trying to lead, but I eventually got the hang of it.) Today my legs hurt so much I'm actually considering stopping at Rite Aid on the way home to pick up some IcyHot. I have GOT to get back in the gym.

Earlier on Saturday the hubbie and I went househunting. In Los Angeles on a budget, that's tantamount to finding a parking space at the mall the day after Christmas. When you find one, there are 14 other people ready to pounce on it and they'll draw blood if need be. So, we'll just keep looking- along with the rest of the city. I can't wait for the day we find a house that has a bathroom big enough so hubbie can sit on the toilet and not hit his knees on the tub. Or even better, one that has enough storage that we can actually have our wedding gifts in our home, rather than my mom's garage!

Ok, back to work. Happy Monday!

No comments: