Tuesday, August 21, 2007

This is just so perfect!

Your Personality Is Like Acid

A bit wacky, you're very difficult to predict.
One moment you're in your own little happy universe...
And the next, you're on a bad trip to your own personal hell!


So appropriate. However, I've never had a bad trip on acid. When others were seeing Satan and wondering if the trip would EVER END, I always had a big fat smile on my face and enjoyed every minute. I remember laughing til tears rolled down my face, seeing dancing mariachis on the ceiling, and my personal favorite, being outside and FEELING nature. You haven't lived til you've watched the waves roll onto the beach on acid. (Well that's a bit of an exaggeration but it really is cool!)

Now, I did have a minor freak out the time I decided I could drive down Highway 5, in the rain, after a Dead show, in the middle of the night, on a two lane road. FRYING. In retrospect, it probably wasn't the best decision to get behind the wheel. I'll never forget my friend Susan, (who never took drugs,) whispering, "Umm, sweetie? I think you need to speed up."

I was going thirty five miles an hour on an interstate highway. Whoops! We ended up pulling off somewhere near the Oregon/California border. I recall going to an IHOP type restaurant where I ordered hot chocolate and tried to pull my shit together. I think Susan had a full breakfast with the works and I was kind of grossed out. As anyone who has done acid can attest, food is the last thing you want to see. Well, that and a mirror.

Oh the stupid decisions you make when you're 19. Today I think twice before driving on a half a zanax.

I guess the point of this post is NOT that it's ok to take hallucinogens and drive. Not at all. But I don't regret ever having taken them. In fact, I have some pretty beautiful memories tied to acid. Some great laughs, revelations, sights, songs and love. (I know, the deadhead in me is coming out. Someone cue the Hair Soundtrack.)

I could never do them again, but I'm glad I have the memories. Peace!

No comments: