Thursday, May 03, 2007

Hooray For Hollywood

All too often I take for granted that I live in one of the coolest cities in the world. When I travel, (abroad especially,) I get such a kick out of saying I live in Hollywood. But when I'm home it's just another east/west street that's congested at five. (And filled with tourists and transvestite hookers.)

However, to break up the monotony of having a ladies lunch in Silver Lake, AS USUAL, we decided to go to Musso and Franks for some steaks and a cocktail. (Which turned into lamb chops & THREE cocktails but that's between you, me and the lampost.)

After a delicious meal the four of us stumbled out with the best of intentions, only to mosey into a tattoo/piercing parlor and consider doing something painful or permanent.

OR BOTH!

The cashier, who looked like something out of National Geographic, tried to convince my friend that piercing back through her scar tissue on her stomach would actually hurt LESS than the first time.

The thought of that pretty much sobered us up and we left with no additional holes in our bodies. The rest of the day played out like a montage scene in an eighties chick flick. Kind of a cross between Can't Buy Me Love meets Valley Girl meets Absolutely Fabulous. =)

In between bar-hopping we bought trashy lingerie at Frederick's of Hollywood, took a tour of the Hollywood Wax Museum and had our Tarot cards read. Cindy Lauper might as well have been singing Girls Just Wanna Have Fun while dancing behind us the whole day.

The beauty of the entire day was the fact that there was no plan. For me to say that really means something since I plan when I'm going the bathroom next. I love these girls and have such a good time with them. Here are a few screencaps from the day.


BEFORE THE WAX MUSEUM


AT THE WAX MUSEUM


AFTER THE WAX MUSEUM


AFTER ONE TOO MANY MARGARITAS AT THE CAT N' FIDDLE


"DRY OATMEAL." ME ON GEORGE TAKEI'S STAR.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys are all too cute, I think I need to leave all my kids at home and come have a girls lunch with you all....
Dena (Sissy's little sister)