Monday, April 09, 2007

Mi Abuelita


To celebrate Easter, Bubbie took us out to eat to El Coyote. You know,
Christ's last supper was the typical Seder fare. Brisket, matzo ball
soup, veggies with horseradish dip, dried out sponge cake etc. Pretty
dull considering it was his LAST MEAL ON EARTH. I bet if given the
choice he would have asked for tacos and margaritas!

Well, that's what I would have asked for anyway.

Not to brag or anything, but how many of you out there have had margaritas
with your 85 year old grandmother recently? (chirp chirp...) Well I have!

There are so many days when I'm frustrated with her because I have to
stop mid-story and explain what the world wide web is, or scream, "AMEX! AMEX!! WE'RE SHOOTING AN AMEX COMMERCIAL! NO, NOT FEDEX, AMEX
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!" because she refuses to wear her hearing aid.
But truth be told, she is still pretty feisty for her age and I get a
kick out of knocking back the sauce with her. (And she picks up the tab!)

Unfortunately the rest of my weekend wasn't as fun as cocktails with Bubbie. Tragedy struck Kitty and he ended up spending the night at the animal hospital. He had a dovetail stuck in his paw which resulted in an abscess. The vet removed the dovetail but inserted a device to drain the abscess, leaving poor Kitty in a cast all the way up to his shoulder. To make matters worse, the padding and gauze on the cast make his front leg about two and a half inches longer than it should be, causing him to walk on the three good legs and drag the bum front-right paw BEHIND HIM. You can just see the embarrassment on his face as he hobbles around like a pirate with a wooden leg. Not exactly the graceful Mr. Mistoffelees-like cat that he usually is.

Anyhow, we're taking good care of him and making sure he gets the R&R he needs. Now, if I could just get some for myself!

1 comment:

Susan said...

God, I love Bubbie. You really are SO lucky she's still around.