Monday, July 10, 2006

Friend Abroad


I'm sorry I missed your call today but this post will be in honor of you- and how much I miss you.

I miss our talks over coffee and cigs, margaritas and floatie things in the pool. I miss our talks when you'd make me get the courage to stand up for myself but still hug me when I couldn't. I love that you're my friend through endless tortuous stages of life and yet you never whine. I love that you always have a plan. I love that you laugh at my sarcasm instead of wince. I love that you are with a man who doesn't judge the looney company you keep- (i.e. my mom. =))

Most of all I love that you tell the truth, always, whether it hurts to hear or not. I was lucky to meet you, have a crush on you for a day, and gain one of the best friends I've ever had. Please come home soon.

xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't leave the land of the perfect pint and where having 6 is considered a starter. Move to London. X